Saturday, September 13, 2008

America The Beautiful: Our Common Hallowed Ground




I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

-------------------------------------------------------

A note from Radarsite: This is an article which, up until a few days ago, I would have thought it impossible to write. But, even at my age, life is - or should be -- a continuing learning experience. That is what these last few days have been for me.
This election cycle has been one of the most contentious in my long memory. Never have the two sides, the Republicans and the Democrats, the conservatives and the liberals, been separated by such an unbridgeable gulf. Exasperated by the controversial and divisive war in Iraq, our conflicting visions for the future of this country of ours have grown seemingly irreconcilable. That is, almost irreconcilable.
Two unhappy events occurred over these last several days which, by exhibiting a blatant disregard for the inherent patriotism of the American people, or an utter contempt for human decency, seemed to have had a major impact on a lot of Americans, Democratic Americans and Republican Americans, conservative Americans and liberal Americans. This is not going to be a rehashing of those inglorious events, but rather a commentary on the lessons learned from observing the reactions of those affected by them.

The first concerns the disgraceful treatment of those 12,000 American flags at the Democratic National Convention in Denver "After the Hoopla, Contempt of Country". The immediate reactions to this huge political blunder from the folks at the Hillary Clinton Forum, and from the Obama people at the Democratic underground, marked the beginning of my reassessment of my unqualified Us versus Them mentality. I followed up that original article with two more just to treat these disparities. Here is an excerpt from one of them:

Democratic Trash: The Story That Just Won't Go Away >

Till now, I must confess, I hadn't really appreciated the differences between these two Democratic factions. But I certainly do now. As much as I disagree with their candidate's vision of America and where they would want to bring this country, the Hillary Dems seem to have exhibited a strong sense of sincerity and humanity. They have stepped up to the plate and accepted responsibility for what has turned out to be a major strategic blunder -- even though it was more the responsibility of the Obama Camp to control the images that came out of that Obama Celebration.

And how do the Obama people react to their own revealing anti-patriotic blunders? They react with viciousness and anger. They call on their attack dogs to do their work. Cynical, manipulative, their only concern is in discrediting the source. No responsibility. No embarrassment. No concern for how their obvious disregard for patriotism may look to the average American.

To me, this whole episode has been an education. This is what an Obama Presidency would offer. A Democratic redux of the Nixon years, with all of that petty hatred and viciousness, and with a whole new Enemies' List. This, my friends, is a clear and unadulterated view of the Obama Camp, and it is both enlightening and disgusting.




The second, and much greater outrage came from the 9/11 cartoon printed in the Daily Kos. In response to this article, once again the comments came pouring into Radarsite. Democrats writing in to condemn this outrage and the traitorous website that published it. One after another clearly and unequivocally distanced themselves from The Daily Kos and all that this despicable entity represents. Not surprisingly, many of these angry Democrats came to us from HCF.
Here are a few of their comments:

Please, do not think that this sickeningly offensive site or the deplorable content truly represent the Democratic party, because they do not; at least not the Democratic party to which I have been a life-long member. Every group, every party contains extremists who do not represent the views of the majority of that group, and such is the Daily Kos. They speak only for themselves and not for all Democrats. Most of us deplore this as much as those on the right. Perhaps if we could manage to get rid of the extremists in both parties, we could finally find common ground in our love of this country. Because whether you believe it or not, we love America as much as you do..


And:
I am a member of HCF and I am grateful for your article exposing the "obama supporters" and seeing that not all of us are like that.There are many of us democrats who do not support obama and are disgusted with the vile things some obama supporters say. I place country over party. This *new democratic party*, nor their "selected candidate" represent me, and I am fully in support of Senator McCain and Gov. Palin. McCain/Palin brought integrity back and many of us democrats do support them.
Country first


And on and on --
And from the Obama camp? From the Democrat Underground? Not a word.

So what, then, are the lessons learned from all that has happened in these last few days?
All in all, I believe this is a strong transendent and most welcome message of hope, hope for our country, for our beautiful America. And hope for those of us who have been all but consumed by the powerful partisan politics of this important election. And also, perhaps this is a message for our enemies; one that they would be wise to heed. Despite the visible rancor and the name-calling, despite the major ideological differences between our two parties, we are first and foremost Americans. Quite simply, we love our country. And God help those who seek to bring this great nation down. We are, after all is said and done, like a family, a family who has been disrupted by our differences and who have said things about each other that we may have regretted. But down deep, despite all the bitterness and anger, we know that we are still a family. And if you threaten this family, this fine family of ours, if you make the mistake of assuming that our differences have weakened our resolve to defend ourselves, then you have made a fateful blunder.

In short, I want to thank all of you out there who have contributed your comments in support of our shared values. You have made me proud of all America. - rg

10 comments:

  1. The Democrats you and I know personally are surely appalled at posts like those of the Daily Kos. I don't doubt that at all.

    Where is the voice of the Democrat leadership, which reaps all the benefit of the rumors and lies espoused by the likes of DK and others - even attends the Daily Kos conventions, as you pointed out?

    I hope America's Democrats, like those writing to you with frustration and passion, will also contact their leadership and tell them they will not support the Party if the Party doesn't speak out against this especially despicable website.

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Democracts -- if not all, then most, including their leadership -- the liberals and leftists, including the Demockacrat/liberal/lefists who work in the wrongly named MSM, are enemies of democracy, America and Americans.

    They are now beyond contempt.

    And to them all, there is no hallowed ground in America, save that skin bag in which each of them reside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big PS: You won't see any article like this one coming out of Radarsite about Obama or Islam. EVER.
    rg

    ReplyDelete
  4. The writers of the Daily Kos, et al, have gone too far. It is one thing to slam your opponent or the other party, but another to slam your nation.

    The majority of Democrats are decent Americans, proud of their nation and flag. It is the far left wackos who disgrace their party with this behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I've heard and seen it all, then something like that Daily Kos cartoon appears and I realize... there is a segment of Americans who are vile and obviously care nothing for this country. It makes me very sad Roger.

    Debbie Hamilton
    Right Truth

    ReplyDelete
  6. That picture, as simplistic and childish as it is, is one of the most insulting and unpatriotic I have seen in a long time (and there have been some nasty ones).

    It's their way of making the evil that was brought upon us into some Saturday morning cartoon show... as if we're sitting in our offices and our homes having parties and drinking beer in celebration of this horrible event.

    The people from the Daily KOS are not Americans and are working for the enemies. I would abandon anyone if they were so cold hearted as to make fun of the deaths of individuals who deserve to be alive today.

    I cried off an on all day on September 11th... it hurt more this year than in the past. Truly I feel it is because of these types of people who make light of it and laugh at the deaths of those whose lives were stolen from them.

    I hurt, I'm angered by these villainous men and women who find it funny that we still mourn and still care and still give a damn and still want to have justice served.

    My son, of whom I am very proud, has joined the Army National Guard to serve this fantastic country. Not for glory, not for revenge, not for me... for his country.

    Justin's Amazing Goals

    But these animals and those who open their mouths only to find filth fall out of them, would ask him why on earth he would do something so idiotic and then, when he told them the truth, they would sting him up.

    I understand what you mean by "we are family"... but I have to tell you... there are some of our family members who need to move out of our lovely home and never come back!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Bug. And thank you to your son.
    Those people you are referring to I do not consider to be part of our American family. But those Hillary Dems who took the time to come onto my site and apologize for the deplorable actions of others I do consider to be family members, family menbers with whom I disagree, but family nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Roger... I am very proud of my son and it seems these days that pride is something we are encourage to stomp into the ground like a clod of dirt.

    I am a proud American and people like those on the Daily KOS and those who support them are worthless and cause nothing but hate. Liberals go on and on about how we need to get rid of hate in the world and yet day after day I hear about how I hate this person and that person because I think a certain way. Really? I don't spend my time hating and I'm really getting tired of having to defend myself against something I am not doing.

    There is a great change going on right now and those who just want to live their life without getting shoved around are getting angry. I'm getting angry and I'm just an every day American living my life... add me to the list of those who have found their spine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Tribute.
    Whenever the issue of "Old Glory" comes up, I always remember,"...and the Nation for which it stands."

    ReplyDelete