Thursday, April 4, 2013

Jane Fonda Still Doesn't Get it

Gary Fouse
fousesquawk
http://garyfouse.blogspot.com



Hat tip Newsmax


Image: Jane Fonda: I Will Go to My Grave with 'Unforgivable Mistake'



So now Jane Fonda tells Oprah Winfrey that she made  one unforgivable mistake when she allowed herself to be photographed on that North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun in Hanoi in 1972.


http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/Jane-Fonda-Unforgivable-Mistake/2013/04/03/id/497721?promo_code=11C04-1&utm_source=11C04Maggies_Note_Book&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1

“I made one unforgivable mistake when I was in North Vietnam, and I will go to my grave with this,” Jane Fonda says on the Oprah Winfrey Network.

"I don't know if I was set up or not,”

This isn't new. She wrote this a few years ago in one of her autobiographies when she was describing her trip to Hanoi and praising her travel companion, "fellow patriot" Ramsey Clark, in the same passage. 

Fonda doesn't get it. She never has.

She made her unforgivable mistake when she went to North Vietnam in the first place. Who set her up for that?

“There were no planes, the gun was not operable. It didn’t matter. This is an image that belied everything that I was,” Fonda said.

Really? In November 1970, there was this:


http://garyfouse.blogspot.com/2011/12/jane-fionda-and-800-pond-gorilla-in.html

Maybe Ms Fonda would like to explain to Oprah how she acted that day at Cleveland Airport in her confrontation with US Customs officers.

That image of her on the anti-aircraft gun did not belie anything.  In my mind, it fully illustrated everything she was.

No comments:

Post a Comment